Monday, January 10, 2011

Ikea Hacker: 3rd Time's A Charm!

I love working on new designs and changing different products into what I really want.  Here are a few of my designs that made it onto Ikea Hacker that I would love to share with you.  I submit designs to Ikea Hacker ever so often so check back for more of my work to be featured on this blog if chosen.  

Basketball Table 
http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/01/basketball-table.html

When making this basketball table, I started by sawing off the flower insert of the Ikea Klingsbo table.  I then attached rubber feet that I purchased at a local dollar store to the bottom of the metal flower centers and created a unique kitchen trivet perfect for keeping hot dishes and platters from touching the table.    


I then used a basketball net, an embroidery hoop that I had spray painted black, some long skinny hooks and small short hooks, super glue, and a Phoenix Suns magnet and basketball to make this fun basketball nightstand for my boyfriend:



Love Notes XOXO Chalkboard Cookbook Cabinet Organizer http://www.ikeahackers.net/2010/12/love-notes-xoxo-chalkboard-cookbook.html 

This was made using the Ikea Grevback shoe shelf, chalkboard spraypaint, heart knobs, rhinestone letters, and contact cement.  
 







How to make a crystal chandelier

This was made using the IKEA Tidig light, binder rings, keychain rings, 3-4 candle holders from Hobby Lobby or any other crystal hangings that you can find.  I also used crystal Christmas tree ornaments shaped like hearts and hooks to attach the power cord to the wall (if you did not have a seperate light to hook up the TIDIG to). 








Once the chandelier was finished, I used the light shades leftover from the lamp as votive candle holders. To decorate them, I attached rhinestone heart stickers and flipped them over so that I could place the votive candles (or tealights) inside what was originally the frosted shades.  It is great when you can truly utilize every piece for both you and the environment. 


♥ Happy Hacking fellow crafters.  
And as always,  I ♥ Do ♥ It ♥ Well. 
Love, Christin






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

    ReplyDelete