Check It Out

Monday, December 20, 2010

For the Love of Shiny Things

Shiny-ness isn't just for jewelry anymore. This seasons fashion DO is to add some bling and banish the bland. Rhinestones are popping up everywhere from jeans like the Grace in LA line to cardigans and tanks at H+M. 


This trend isn't just for clothes either. Also look for great accessories like belts, scarves, hats, and head bands to add some sparkle to an outfit. I waited in line on Black Friday to get sparkly silver pumps!  They look great with a pair of jeans and they add that extra umph to my night wear. I loved them so much I also ordered them online in black. 


This trend surpasses fashion and shows up in Home Furnishing as well. From picture frames to ottomans and vases, many accessories now have added bling. My whole office set -stapler, tape dispenser, computer mouse, and calculator- is adorned with rhinestones. 


I also got a fabulous duvet cover with rhinestones on it from Z Gallerie. I love it - despite the fact that it definitely isn't the most practical thing I own - considering many of the rhinestones fall off if my cat hasn't ripped them off herself before that.  
This is my 15 year old cat Tigerlilly modeling the duvet cover for all you bloggers


And just a friendly tip: remember when creating an outfit with lots of bling to refrain from overdoing it; you don't want to blind people as you walk by.






♥ Happy Shining fellow crafters.  
And as always,  I ♥ Do ♥ It ♥ Well. 
Love, Christin


No comments:

Post a Comment