Check It Out

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello Progress!

Things are coming together and a lot of changes are happening now!



My dad removed the wall in the living room that blocked the flow of the space:





 The flooring in the house has been removed by my dad, me, Rance, and the subcontractors.  
The previous owners used concrete instead of tile grout so the subcontractors had to use a jackhammer and they still need to use a floor grinder :



We removed the outside paneling on the inside wall - the remaining residue is liquid nails - we still need to have the subcontracters plaster the walls (they should be coming this week!):





The subcontractors scrapped the popcorn ceiling in the whole house.  The ceiling still needs to be re-textured this week when the plasterers come.  But wow, that's what a bare bones ceiling looks like:
 


I removed the wallpaper border in the bathroom:
 
  
My dad is working on the wiring of the house.  
The light switches were in strange places.  For example, the switch to turn on the garage light was behind the garage door.  So you had to close the door to turn on the light and open it back up again.  
Here he had to open up the outside paneling (which is coming off anyway because of the holes) to redo the kitchen wiring.  He is hooking up a dimmer light above the sink, he took out the big box light that was there, and he is putting in 4 recessed ceiling light spots that can be angled or tilted.  
 


The kitchen and bathroom cabinets have been removed from the walls.  I've been sanding the cabinets down with the help of Rance.  We are waiting for a cabinet refinisher to give us an estimate (should come Monday!) on what he would charge to sand the grooves and stain the cabinets:




The biggest project has been removing the dreaded patio addition.  It had mold, the roof leaked, and it just needs to come out.  We are doing this part in pieces - but it should be coming down soon once the subcontractors frame out my french doors and window for the living room:




This is a strange angle.  This is the old outside of the house hidden underneath the sheet rock.  From what we can tell, there used to be a window on the left and sliding glass doors on the right before he enclosed it and turned it into two bedrooms.  
I will be putting in double French doors on the left (towards the kitchen) and a one of these paneled windows on the right on the living room side.  This will bring light into the space.
 


The roof is pretty scary in this patio - it leaks and it had mold.  That is coming out for sure and we will have to get a new patio roof. 




Rance and my dad removed the sheetrock and I lugged it out to our big dumpster.  This place is a mess, but as you can see from the picture below, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can see the lilght.



My dad started framing out the pantry - we braced the top piece in this morning to let the glue dry.  I'm really excited for this pantry - we plan on making two sliding barn doors for this area.  Plus, I will be able to put the TV against the wall that will be created when it is done:



Good things are happening.  I am very happy for what is to come.  
Once the walls are plastered we can paint.  I've been carrying around paint chips for weeks.
We already started picking out flooring.  I know that is last, but it is still exciting to know that I will have floors.

I cannot wait until this house becomes my home <3


♥ Don't be afraid to get a little messy fellow crafters.  
And as always,  I ♥ Do ♥ It ♥ Well. 
Love, Christin









No comments:

Post a Comment