Sunday, January 2, 2011

To A Healthy New You

The New Year is here and I'm sure many of you - like me - set resolutions to lose weight and get in shape.  I started with a few quick changes this year:
  • Got a bunch of new books on fitness, health, and cooking light
  • Purchased some new exercise equipment: a pink thigh master, waist trimmer band, and thigh shorts that help you sweat out the excess water weight
  • Vowed to hop on the elliptical for 10-20 min while watching TV instead of just going straight to the recliner
  • Jumping on my new 12-ft trampoline - wooh!  I promise you get very tired, very quick
  • Ordering the small size at restaurants and cutting back by portion controlling my food intake
  • Drink more cold water - cold water helps you shed more calories because your body requires energy to heat that cold water to match your body temperature
These little steps were easy to do, but remember, even 10 minutes makes a difference - it is better than nothing at all.  In fact, three 10 minute workouts on a treadmill or elliptical is equal to one 30 minute session on the same equipment.  You might even be able to push yourself harder in those 10 minute spurts.  So maybe you don't have enough time for a whole workout, but you could squeeze in 10 minutes here or there and later in the day you may be able to do it again.  It all adds up!


Fitness DVDs
Whenever I'm in the checkout line, I always like to look at the bargain DVDs.  You can often get great workout DVDs for about $4.99 - I got 2 SHAPE magazine workout DVDs at discount shops and you can find some too at Home Goods, TJ Maxx/Marshalls, and Ross.  
Here are some great ones that I would recommend:

With 4 DVDs in this set, I use "Fit 2 Strip" the most often because it is a full-body workout that lasts about 45 minutes.  Although there is no dancing on this one, it really is a great workout to get in shape.


The Girls Next Door Workout DVD



Self Magazine Workout DVD Set:

Slim and Sleek Fast, Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast, Bikini Ready Fast , Firm Flat Abs Fast







♥ Happy Health fellow crafters.  
And as always,  I ♥ Do ♥ It ♥ Well. 
Love, Christin







No comments:

Post a Comment